Green Striped Batik Hand Block Kaftan
- Green and WhiteStriped Cotton Kaftan with Batik Hand Block
- Round Shaped Neck
- Draw String Waist
- Half Sleeves
- Style Code - LW_CO_CAPELLA09
This artsy piece of kaftan is made with block printed batik using the very versatile technique of wax printing and dip dyeing.
In block printed batik, carved wood is dipped in hot wax and then stamped onto the fabric which is then dipped in dye. The parts of the cloth covered in wax will resist absorption of the dye. So when the wax is washed off, it reveals the patterns transferred from the blocks. Batik block printing essentially produces an inverse effect of basic block-printing.
Fabric & Care
- 100% Cotton
- Clean batik garments in cold water with similar colors on a gentle or short wash cycle.
- Machine wash or by hand, but with a gentle laundry detergent.
- Wash a new batikgarment in one or two additional cold rinses separately to remove excess dye from the fabric.
Style & Fit
- Comfort Fit
- Modeled in size Small
- Length - 54"
- Refer to Size Chart below for Body Measurement